CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello! New user from Sweden. Hope for help here since my model is "rare" in Sweden.

Nine times out of ten I get "the three minutes penalty" when I turn the key. Getting worse! Have to start an hour early. ;-)

I have cleared the codes (not recognizing key and failing sensor)and I have bought a brand new key (whit the correct resistance). No change.

Getting a new ignitionlock and maybe new wireing would be very expensive here.....

Does anyone know if it is possible to cut the wires and weld in a resistance in between? Or will that effekt somthing else???? Ofcorse the "antitheft" won´t work but....

If it works: Where, what cabels? Does anyone have the wireingdocuments to share?

Will be most greatful for any help.

You only have a couple options. You either replace the ignition cylinder requiring new keys. Or, with the resistance value of your current keys known, install a resistor of the same value bridging the circuit for the cylinder at the base of the steering column connector. This disables the cylinder, and the car can be started with anything that can engage it. What happens is over time and use, the small wires that go to the cylinder eventually break, at the cylinder.

You only have a couple options. You either replace the ignition cylinder requiring new keys. Or, with the resistance value of your current keys known, install a resistor of the same value bridging the circuit for the cylinder at the base of the steering column connector. This disables the cylinder, and the car can be started with anything that can engage it. What happens is over time and use, the small wires that go to the cylinder eventually break, at the cylinder.

Thanks for the fast answer! That confirms my thoughts. "the base of the steering column connector" is located were? I haven´t been there..... :-)

Can You id the cables for me?

Archived