CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Codes

SolJR

The codes involve all aspects of the operation of the car; They are: ABS, AMP; DDM; DDS, DIM; IPC; IPM; IRC; LRD; PCM ( this is the one most of us are aware of; RCC; RFA; RIM; RRD; SDM and VTD. My question is tis: Where can I find information on repairing any of these faults just as I have instructions on how to correct the problems indicated by the performance codes: (eg P0301 refers to a problem with the # 1 spark plug. Thanks for any information you provide. Oh by the way, I figure the ABS refers to the Braking system!!!

Sol Wainright

Welcome aboard.

Since you did not report any "driveabilty" issues, I going to guess that most of your codes fall in the "H" for HISTORY category.

My suggestion is to clear all of your codes and test drive the car. The only codes that need immediate attention will be "P" codes that will be flagged very quickly and will illuminate the SERVICE ENGINE SOON lamp.

I have a 88KB text file listing the OBDII codes and code breakdown. Give me some time to contact Bruce so he can find an appropriate location to make the file available to one and all.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Welcome aboard.

Since you did not report any "driveabilty" issues, I going to guess that most of your codes fall in the "H" for HISTORY category.

My suggestion is to clear all of your codes and test drive the car. The only codes that need immediate attention will be "P" codes that will be flagged very quickly and will illuminate the SERVICE ENGINE SOON lamp.

I have a 88KB text file listing the OBDII codes and code breakdown. Give me some time to contact Bruce so he can find an appropriate location to make the file available to one and all.

Thanks Jim. I have an OBD II code reader which I use. The only fault this shows is p1860 and p0741. I Have a book which tells me what these are. My problem with these codes is: Do I need to have the transmission overhauled or can it be repaired without bankrupting me? IF this becomes a greater problem which code/codes are likely to be displayed, I only drive it about 20 miles once or twice a week. I want to get it repaired before this september so I can drive it to Florida. A Good guess will Suffice. Thanks again for the quick response.

SolJr

....I have an OBD II code reader which I use.

You do not need a code reader for your year/model Cadillac. Codes can be displayed on the DIC, here's how:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

....The only fault this shows is p1860 and p0741. I Have a book which tells me what these are. My problem with these codes is: Do I need to have the transmission overhauled or can it be repaired without bankrupting me?

Your P1860 can cause the P0741 code. No need for a transmission overhaul. What is indicated is a thorough diagnostic analysis of why you have the P1860 (electrical problem) code.

If you cannot do the diagnosis and repair yourself, find a transmission shop that is willing and capable of repairing only the indicated problem(s).

And I don't "guess" about DTCs.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived