CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tech 2 or Equivalent Scanner

Hi,

I have a 99 caddy STS. I had to replace my ABS ECBM and now I need to re-calibrate it in order for the Magnasteer to work properly. The manual says to use a Tech 2 or equivalent. Does anyone know of a scanner besides a Tech 2 that can re-calibrate a the ABS ECBM?

Thanks

Chuck

I don't know if this one will do everything a Tech II will do but it is a Cen Tech CAN OBD II and it is at Harber Freight for $119.99. You might check it out. Good Luck

All of the low dollar aftermarket "scanners" are read-only devices. In other words, they cannot send parameters or commands to the various modules. In addition, most (if not all) of the low dollar aftermarket scanners can only "read" "P" codes.

Are you 100% convinced your Magnasteer is not working properly?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hi Jim,

I had to replace the ABS control module EBCM (code C1242). According to the manual if you change out the module you are suppose re-calibrate the magna-steer. To steering wheel feels a little heavy to me. I was wondering if anyone knew of a substitute for a Tech 2 that could be purchased for a reasonable price. Worst case I'll have to take it in to the dealer and have him re-calibrate it.

Chuck

Archived