CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I picked up seats out of a 2001 seville, i was able to get the power motors to work, and able to get the heated seat switch to turn on, but there is a box under the seats that click on for 20-30 seconds, then click off, with no heat from the seats, i have tracked some wires that go to the rear integrated module, and need to know if i can bypass this and if so how would i go abouts doing so, any info helps

I picked up seats out of a 2001 seville, i was able to get the power motors to work, and able to get the heated seat switch to turn on, but there is a box under the seats that click on for 20-30 seconds, then click off, with no heat from the seats, i have tracked some wires that go to the rear integrated module, and need to know if i can bypass this and if so how would i go abouts doing so, any info helps

test the resistance of each heating pad to see if there are any breaks. If there are breaks in the line the seats wont work.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

i was able to dig a little deeper tonight (another long night that went nowhere), my testers batteries are dead so i could not check the resistance, but i do not think that is the problem anyways, the heater box under the seat has a relay in it and like i had said yesterday every 20-30 seconds it turns on quick then shuts back off again, i am missing the rear integrated module (rim) but I'm told i should not need it, if anybody knows a way i can hot wire it or bypass please let me know, any info will help

i was able to dig a little deeper tonight (another long night that went nowhere), my testers batteries are dead so i could not check the resistance, but i do not think that is the problem anyways, the heater box under the seat has a relay in it and like i had said yesterday every 20-30 seconds it turns on quick then shuts back off again, i am missing the rear integrated module (rim) but I'm told i should not need it, if anybody knows a way i can hot wire it or bypass please let me know, any info will help

Try a seat that works and see if it only stays on for 20-30 seconds. Maybe it cycles like that. It knows it gets plenty hot after 30 seconds so it shuts off for a bit? Is it possible to find a new/used relay box? I took apart the relay box on my fleetwood and cleaned all the contacts in it, it was dirty in there. I would still try to test the heating elements. They are the most common problem in the system.

When it is on for 30 seconds does the element heat up at all? Like if you slide your hand between the leather and element can you feel any heat? That would make me believe an element is bad somewhere and the system shuts down after 30 seconds. Also how are you hooking it up? Are you actually plugging it into the pigtail on the floor or just running 12volts to the seat out of the car?

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived