CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Door chime

danbuc

Hi, every so often when I turn my car off after I park it, when I pull the key out of the ignition, the chime starts going off. It's not the slow one which is for the seatbelts when you first turn it on. It the much faster and more annoying one, like the one that tells you that you left you lights on. I know that that is not the problem as I only use the twilight sentinel. When it happens, even if I close the door and lock it, I can put my ear up to the window and still hear it going off. I then have get back into the car and start it and shut it off three or four time until it stops. Like I said before, it doesn't happy very often but when it does, its enough to make me want to remove the back seat and chuck the battery out of the car in anger. If anyone has any ideas of what could be causing this problem that would be great. Thanks in advance

Sounds like it is the ignition switch not going back to the off position. Is your key worn out? If it is kinda worn you could be pulling it out before the switch is completely turned off.

Jeff

Both keys are in perfect shape. It happens with both, even the one I never use(it's a spare). It only happens about, I'd have to say maybe after a hundred or so starts. It doesn't happen alot. You have to drive the car for a month before it happens. Thats how rare it is. It doesn't really bother me that much, I was just curious. Thanks for the suggestions, I will check into that anyway ;)

Archived