CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98Deville D'elegance window problem

:wipetears Hello I have in the past week had a problem with my windows in my 98 Deville D'Elegance..The drivers side window was stuck in the down position and I removed the master control from the drivers door and cleaned contacts..That problem fixed..Several days later the rear passenger window will roll down but not back up using the Driver controls. It will not do anything using the control at the rear pass. door itself...Any ideas?? or suggestions ??.. Maybe a way to jump the wires if nothing else to get the window up for now as it is 40 degrees out now...Thanks for any help or suggestions....Thanks,

Everett

To jump it Id say dig into the door and find the motor and put 12v to it to make it work. To find the problem first test the wires on the motor to see if you are getting 12v to any of them, then if you are not then trace back to the switches to see if the switches are switching 12v and if not then maybe its a fuse or something. If the motor is getting 12v maybe you will hear it struggling like its jammed or maybe its dead.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived