CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Question(s) and a "hello!"

Just posted a couple replies to some threads... thought I should also say "Hi" to everyone, seeing as I just joined up.

Anyhow - only got my STS last week. Was a one owner car.

Somewhat high mileage (kilometerage?) at 246,000km's but was looked after fairly well until the last few years from what I can see on it.

Engine and trans were rebuilt about 30,000km's ago (waiting on actual paperwork to find out exactly what was done) though.

Burgundy (WA379E) exterior, black interior. Seems to be close to a full load of options (just no mini disc player... awwwww.... ha ha).

Has a few issues, but nothing I can't fix (I'm a mechanic and electrical guy!).

-------

I'm building up my little pile of parts though, and I'm getting a current code of P0147 (O2 sensor bank 1, sensor 3).

Scanned it, and it's flatline around .5V with the odd flutter.

Is that the one AFTER the cat? Wanted to order it up ahead of time, but most listings show it like 'left manifold' etc, not bank#/sensor#.

Also getting a P1611, and a P1652 - any correlation of the two?

I've got the 3 volume set of manuals on order (they're somewhere in the postal system as I type) - but until they show up I've only got a '94 set of books, and that's just TOO different.

Anyhow - only got my STS last week. Was a one owner car.

Somewhat high mileage (kilometerage?) at 246,000km's....

That is not high mileage (152,8xx miles) for a car that might have been on the road for 13 years.

I'm building up my little pile of parts though, and I'm getting a current code of P0147 (O2 sensor bank 1, sensor 3).

P0147 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 3

It could easily be a dead O2 sensor but the heater performance raises the possibility of wire harness damage also.

Is that the one AFTER the cat?

Yes.

Your model may - or may not - have a pre cat O2 sensor. The pre cat O2 sensor was removed/deleted during the 1998 model year production run.

Wanted to order it up ahead of time, but most listings show it like 'left manifold' etc, not bank#/sensor#.

I do not know this for a fact but I suspect all the O2 sensors are the same part number. I say that because the wiring diagram shows the same pin arrangement and internal configuration for all three (or four) sensors.

These codes are not related to the O2 sensor situation and are worthy of a seperate thread.

:welcomesmiley:

Where are you located??

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

These codes are not related to the O2 sensor situation and are worthy of a seperate thread.

:welcomesmiley:

Where are you located??

Oh for sure - the P1611 & P1652 have nothing to do with the O2's - I meant do they have anything to do with each other.

I'm just a few miles down the road from you in Delta, BC. Only about 4800km's or so. :)

(I went on a training seminar in Atlanta a few years back - only time I've made it to Georgia)

Archived