CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Intermidiate Steering Shaft

Rickster

Has anyone done or attempted greasing this so call shaft? I had mine done a while back and it made an incredible improvment. Seems to need it again.

If anyone has done it, how did it go and how did you do it?

Thanks

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Has anyone done or attempted greasing this so call shaft? I had mine done a while back and it made an incredible improvment. Seems to need it again.

If anyone has done it, how did it go and how did you do it?

Thanks

Rick

On a 2002 Monte Carlo we were getting a noise on bumps, immediately after purchasing it one year old and they said it was the intermediate steering shaft. There was a SB on it that the grease drys up and it needed to be re-greased. I don't know if the wrong grease was used or if the spec on the grease changed. It was fixed fast however...

It is a quick and easy job..... but at dealer prices I think I should learn to do it myself. When it was done a year or so back, the invoice under warrenty was around $25 charged to Cadillac. Talked to the dealer last week and they said they would do it for about $100. Go figure.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Archived