CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

68 Chocolate Brown Coupe De Ville

Scotty

There is a 68 Coupe driving around my neighborhood with a FOR SALE sign on it, it is a beautiful car in very good condition. I have twisted my neck off twice now to get a look at it and actually tied up traffic the last time. I have been in no position to stop and get the phone number though. I put a digital camera in the car so I can take a photo next time and post it if anyone is interested. If the timing was better I would buy it in a second, but I have no doubt its big bucks. I will get the phone number off the car next time I see and call the owner to see what he wants. The 67/68 is my favorite year, I loved its angular look, especially the coupe. I have to admit that I cried when my 68 Conv was towed away. I have regretted that moment ever since. What an amazing car that was. Any interest?

I realized after I posted this that I should have posted this in the FOR SALE section, sorry about that but I was blown away by this car. :blink:

post-3-1095480016.jpg

Mike, Get a price and details for that Coupe if you could.  I might be interested in it.  Thanks!

Will do...

To me this car represented the pinnacle of Cadillac styling, don't get me wrong, they made some beautiful cars, but the 67/68 styling was amazing. Imagine that in 67, they also came out with the front-wheel drive Eldorado with hidden headlights and torsion bar suspension that took a big risk with futuristic styling. We just had the Worlds Fair in 64 with its futuristic theme, and space travel was wowing us. The CTS to me took a similar risk that has grown on me..

BTW, I received my ISC today in the mail, so I guess I'll be putting that in along with doing the adjustments in between the games on Sunday...wish me luck.

Yes good luck, I cant wait to see how she runs

Beautiful car. I learned to drive in a 69 Coupe DeVille convertable.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Beautiful car.  I learned to drive in a 69 Coupe DeVille convertable.

Ah you see, when you here these things you begin to understand our love of Cadillacs!

True, but as you said yourself, there were a few years in there that were not so beautiful.

I have to admit there were some cadillacs that were downright ugly.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived