CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hi to everyone, joined today, live in spain, got a sts 2000 model, got some info from here a few weeks ago regarding airbag light, did a few checks after reading here, narrowed it down to code b1144, loop to ground, seat belt pretensioner, driver /passenger side,

had ohms meter on, pretensioners, got reading of 2.1/2.2, is this correct, also did the airbags, in seat they read the same

after disconecting cable from pretensioners, i got code,1146 loop open, if i put resistor of 2.1 in pretens cable plug it goes back to code b1144, can anyone help as to what to check or do next, car is due inspection, so need light and info off, (pulling hair out now )

also got warning battery not charging, but after checks it is, it rates from 12.2 to 14 volts, but light or info wont go , ive tried to clear codes, i found the cable, that fixes to positive under rear seat, this little thing here appears to have packed up, is there a replacement bit for this, (i read the original is no longer made) hope some of you guys can help , as the spanish just see it as a car,that is muy complicado , chears for now,

ps, love the site, asta luago

hi to everyone, joined today, live in spain, got a sts 2000 model, got some info from here a few weeks ago regarding airbag light, did a few checks after reading here, narrowed it down to code b1144, loop to ground, seat belt pretensioner, driver /passenger side,

had ohms meter on, pretensioners, got reading of 2.1/2.2, is this correct, also did the airbags, in seat they read the same

after disconecting cable from pretensioners, i got code,1146 loop open, if i put resistor of 2.1 in pretens cable plug it goes back to code b1144, can anyone help as to what to check or do next, car is due inspection, so need light and info off, (pulling hair out now )

also got warning battery not charging, but after checks it is, it rates from 12.2 to 14 volts, but light or info wont go , ive tried to clear codes, i found the cable, that fixes to positive under rear seat, this little thing here appears to have packed up, is there a replacement bit for this, (i read the original is no longer made) hope some of you guys can help , as the spanish just see it as a car,that is muy complicado , chears for now,

ps, love the site, asta luago

You may find some answers here www.cadillacforums.com. I was once told to move dr. seat for/backwards 3x unitl stops, headrest up/down 3x and seat belt out/in until stops 3x then repeat for passenger side. It worked for me and some others, though my light sometimes comes on depending on temp. outside, but usually goes off after stopping/starting car a couple times.

HI gregj1006 thanks , i have tried all the seat shuffling, e.t.c. but i still cant get it sorted, i think it is narrowed down to the driver side, poretensioner, i either get b1144, or b 1146, it only changes when i disconnect the drivers side pretensioner, as i said before i have had meter on both pretensioners and they both read the same 2.1 2.2 ohms, anyone know whats what , please.

Archived