CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Drivers side window

EJPut

Yesterday, my drivers side window stopped working so I tried the holding the switch down and shutting the door and it started to work again. I happened again so I did the same thing, it worked. Well, now it is 1/4 of the way down, not working and not responding to the slamming of the door with the switch engaged. What does this normally mean?

Thanks,

Eric

I switched the right rear motor to the drivers side front and window now works. Just for reference, the right rear is compatible with the left front and vice-a-versa. Anyways, I want to work on fixing the non working motor, my question is, if I remove the motor and drive vehicle will window slam down? In other words does the motor need to be in to hold up the window?

Thanks,

Eric

Yes I seem to remember talking to another member about weather you had to prop up the window if you took out the motor and he found out that you did not, but he told me that you could move the window up or down without the motor in. That would tell me that it could fall down if the motor is not in there. I'm thinking you could prop it up untill you put the motor back inside and you will be ok.

Jeff

Yea Larry I didn't prop mine up either while I was repairing my motor, but I didn't go driving around with the motor out. So to be on the safe side I think I would prop it up just in case, untill the motor is back inside.

Jeff

Archived