CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

need help with a/c

98deville

I really need help with my a/c....Everything works fine it just doesn't blow any cold air. I havn't seen a low refrigerant message. I checked the fuses to see if any of them were blown, nothing...The clutch engages like it should. The only thing is the a/c tubes dont get cold or "sweat"

P0102 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency

P0231 - Fuel Pump Feedback Circuit Low Voltage

P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage

P0603 - Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

P1660 - Cooling Fan Control Circuits

None of these are A/C related. If the pipes are not cold and sweating I

suspect you need a freon charge.

I wonder why you would not get a low refrigerant if you needed refrigerant. That seems very odd. Does the clutch appear to be slipping? Any unusual noises? If the orifice tube is clogged I wonder if it will cause a code?

my uncle added 2 cans of refrigerant awile back and it still wasnt blowing cold air. Then i took it to a shop and they told me it was overcharged and it needed to be recharged...So I waited a couple days and took it to another shop and they told me it was the a/c compressor.....that it wasnt compressing the air...he also said something about the low side, high side pressure that they were around the same psi or something like that ...

P1660

Check the 10 A A/C Compressor Fuse in the Engine Compartment (driver's side).

I was thinking the same thing with the P1660 code, the AC COMP fuse controls the AC Clutch and the cooling fans, but you said the clutch was was engaging. Did you take the fuse out at some point and start the car or while it was running to set that code? THat is why I thought it was engaging and possibly slipping maybe the air gap is too large and even though the clutch was engaging it was slipping but most probably you would hear sqealing and I think heat would be created by the friction which would be obvious if it was slipping that bad. That is why I said this is an odd problem because the AC compressor is engaging and you don't have a low refrigerant code. Take a good look at the clutch and when it engages and see that it is spinning the compressor and not slipping. I just read that if the orifice tube is clogged it will cause high pressure and turn off the clutch.

Its possible that the accumulator needs replacing. Maybe someone with more AC experience will understand this.

Archived