CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi,

I have a 99 sts that I just replaced the motor. Well I am getting p 440 which I know has nothing to do with the motor itself but with the EVAP system. I don't know where to start to resolve the issue. From time to time the check gas cap message pops up in the information center but that intermittent. Both motors run rough at idle. Can someone please help?

Also i have code 1652 did occur until the motor change.

Check all the vacuum lines on the EVAP system.

Hi,

I have replaced all 4 vacuum lines including the 2 EVAP system lines and the module that’s connects the 2 lines. One line had a crack in it right by the EVAP system check valve. The car is still running rough at Idle but the P440 hasn’t come back as of yet. The following are code that I have now:

DTC P1381 Misfire Detected - No Communication with Brake Control Module - History

DTC P1520 Transmission Range Switch Circuit - History (intermittent)

DTC P1652 Powertrain Induced Chassis Pitch Output Circuit - History (intermittent)

DTC P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1 - Current

DTC P0174 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2 - Current

DTC P0300 Engine Misfire Detected - History (intermittent)

The P 171 and 174 codes went away after I cleaned the MAF sensor with the spray for about 4 days but now it’s back. Can any please explain what I need to do to resolve my issues?

You still have a vacuum leak. Check the manifold mount and the PCV grommet in the rear cam cover.

You still have a vacuum leak. Check the manifold mount and the PCV grommet in the rear cam cover.

Sorry but which mount/s should I be checking?

Archived