CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

transmission?

jkypes

my tranny is going out and i need some help. first off, what would be cheaper, rebuild or used tranny installed? its a 93 sts and i was wondering if you guys had some prices to throw out. so far i got a quote for 2500 to 3200 for rebuild.

thanks!

jason

you're in luck. when i "hydrolockled" my engine, i sent off to gmotors.com for a few parts. a new 4t80e transmission is about 2k. so why rebuild? there is a 700$ core charge. www.gmotors.com

New engine is about 5k (eeek)

how do you know your tranny is going out? whats it doing.. might be your TCC or Shift solenoids.. you can do those for 200-300$ .. alot cheaper, then you can send me 300$ and ill do mine. win win.

I just bought a used transmission from Greenleaf.com for $880. It includes a lifetime parts & labor warranty. The labor is figured at $40 per hour using Mitchell's repair time.

whaaaaaa? greenleaf.com is a.......well let me just post a quote from their web site..:

" Green Leaf specializes in improving landscape asset value while saving on irrigation costs by providing software, equipment and services for quality management and intelligent irrigation scheduling.

Green Leaf Mapping & Control Systems began as a full service landscape contracting firm in 1975. Over the decades, Green Leaf developed and constantly improved processes and various tools to serve its client base.

"

I don't think they sell transmissions :))))))))

Oooops, Sorry, I forgot to add an important word to the web site. It should be GreenLeafAuto.Com. In case you have trouble with the sight, here is an 800 number for the company: 1-800-942-7278 and ask for Andy.

I too would like to know how you came to the conclusion it needed replaced. What codes came up? Did it just go into "limp mode" and you took it to a dealer and he said it was bad? What are the symptoms we may be able to save you money.

Archived