CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HELP!!!

rjhat

I am late getting my tag for my caddy because of code P0140- 02 sensor no activity. I was told that it was bank 1 sensor 2. Also, doesn't a bad O2 sensor give incorrect readings? No activity sounds like a connection problem or wiring problem. Do they just quit? This car has to pass emissions before I can renew my tag, and simply reseting the pcm codes just causes it to fail emissions with "computer not ready to report on emissions" on state emissions computer. Can anyone give more info as to which sensor bank 1 sensor 2 is?

I am at work so I am going from memory here but I believe bank 1 is the right bank (firewall side). Sensor 1 is on the manifold, senor 2 is pre cat, sensor 3 is aft cat, bank 1 sensor 1 is on the left bank manifold.

Thanks Larry, i'm going to try to change it tomorrow. If I understand you correctly, Bank 1 sensor 2 will be on the firewall side of the exhaust just before the catalytic converter? Again, thanks for the help!

Thanks guys! Maybe I will get this thing fixed tomorrow and state of GA wont get on my back! I suppose that most aftermarket brands will do? If anyone thinks different, let me know. Otherwise, its off to the local autozone in the morning!

Thanks guys! Maybe I will get this thing fixed tomorrow and state of GA wont get on my back! I suppose that most aftermarket brands will do? If anyone thinks different, let me know. Otherwise, its off to the local autozone in the morning!

A narrow band oxygen sensor is responsive across a relatively narrow air-fuel range. Basically, it reports if the air-fuel ratio is richer or leaner than 14.7:1. As the sensor ages or gets contaminated, it becomes less sensitive. One of the functions of OBDII is to monitor the response rate of the oxygen sensors after a given warm-up period. I would buy a Delco sensor, as it is uncertain that the characteristics of an aftermarket part are compatible with the PCM's diagnostic thresholds.

Based on Bill's recomendations I would second sticking with Delco on this one. Nothing worse than doing the same job twice.

Archived