CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

remote reprogramming

greggyc

I have a 93 Deville and just bought a replacement remote...original is nowhere to be found...if this one will work, how do I program it? I am mechanically and electronically trained and functional and do not think I should pay the stealership $65 to take 10 minutes to reprogram it. I got off a different website some directions for the 93 and just want to see if they line up with another site's directions.

thanks ;)

Hey Greg,

Welcome to one of the best, most informative and friendly Cadillac boards around. To find the instructions your looking for go back to the main page and scroll down untill you see the link to the "How-to and FAQ" section. Click on that and the scroll down through the various sections untill you come to "Keys/Ignition" section. That link will take you to Tony H's website where you can find the programming instructions for many years/types of remotes. I have used these instructions myself and they are accurate and best of all FREE! Nobody wants to give the dealership a dime if they don't have to. Good luck and post back to let us know if you were successful.

Well, no dice. The car wouldn't accept the remote...so guess what...it's the receiver.

Visited the dealer in the Music City and had it replaced...not too bad...$170 plus about an hour labor...but now I have my keyless working again!! :lol:

Archived