CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Driver Side A Pillar Cover Removal

yyyect1

Hi,

I own a 1998 Seville STS. My Problem is that everytime it rains water leaks from the drivers side A pillar.

Does anyone know the procedure for removing the driver side A piller cover.

I removed the visors, but it seems like I have to remove the handles over each of the doors. I cannot pry up the plastic covers on each side of the door handle.

Do the handles above each door need to be removed?

Is there a special tool needed to remove the plastic covers on each side of the door handle?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, don't mess with the interior then. Open your moonroof(factory?) and look for a drain hole near the right front corner. If you can, blow that out with compressed air or jam a pipe cleaner down there to see if you can find a blockage. I would reccomend doing this to your other side as well just in case.

If you're going to shoot compressed air through that line then be very careful. You might unseat a section of the drain hose where you can't see it and have a real mess on your hands. I've read some of the horror stories. Appears the best method for unclogging a drain hose is to push Weed trimmer (thick fishing line) line through. The individual that came up with this idea must have "plumber" in the blood.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived