CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 Deville SERVICE RIDE CONTROL

dlu

After rotating tires, my 97 Deville Concourse is getting SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message at each startup. OBDII code displays show a current C1761 (right front position sensor fault). Is there any way I can turn off the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL error. Maybe resetting the OBDII C1761 will eliminate the error message?

Sounds like you knocked a sensor off under there when swapping wheels. Take the wheel off and see if you can see anything damaged or unhooked. There is no way to disable the message until you fix the problem. If you don't see anything unhook the battery and let it sit for a short bit then hook it back up and see if the code comes back as current.

My '94 Eldo had a similar problem a while back.

Take a look under the front suspension and see if there is a little plastic rod dangling from the bottom just above the pavement. If so, unsnap the rod from its ball joint connector, insert the other end of the rod into a tube hanging just above it and resnap the ball joint. The error message will go away and it will be the easiest "repair" you'll ever make!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived