CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Code T063 & Traction Disabled

maremrak

Did anyone experianced code T063 (valve relay fault)? I also have Traction Disabled message. I used to have codes T037 and T025 after I came out of the car wash (two days ago), but they cleared and do not show anymore. Any info will be appreciated. I did not find anything on archives. Thanks!

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

If anyone cares, I checked the fuses and they were all good. I am wandering if I can just drive the car like this for next few months, since I do not have money to do the repair that could cost me $400 - $500 bucks. Any input is appreciated.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Sounds to me like you reeealy need a manual. I am far from a transmision expert but I would guess that a relay would be external. Secondly it sounds like this all started after a car wash (water induced). Maybe you just need to find this relay and dry it out. Just a thought before you go into a trans shop.

Thanks Larry. The valve is in EBTCM (Electronic Brake & Traction Control Module), and it is pain to reach it on my 95 STS. I think I have a problem with the ground coming to EBTCM. I'll see if I can reach it after I put the car on a lift. If it is not the ground and the connectors, I'll just drive it w/o ABS until I get the money to repair it. I just hope it is not dangerous to drive it like that. Any thoughts?

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Well, I drove for 30 years without ABS and it hasn't killed me. You just need a slightly different mind set and know how to recover from a skid not to mention pump the brakes.

Archived