CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Traction Disabled

maremrak

Today I got out of the car wash, pressed the gas pedal hard, and drowe the car fast for maybe a 100 yards, when I got "Traction Disabled" massage. I checked the codes, and got: T025 and T037. Does anyone knows is this serious? Any advise is apprecited.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Anybody, please help me out here. I don't have a clue about codes T025 and T037 that are current, and I have a message "Traction Disabled" displayed all the time. Archives do not give any details. I am afraid to go to the dealership service to get ripped off. Any advise is appreciated

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

T025 ................................................... LF Wheel Speed Sensor Fault

T037 ........................................ LR Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

The wheel speed sensor is integrated into the bearing & hub assembly. A faulty sensor will disable your T/C and default the trans to 2nd gear starts. I suspect you have a wheel bearing starting to go bad or at least the sensor. In any case the cure is to replace the wheel bearing and hub assembly.

Archived