CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brake compatability

Just wondering if brakes and calipers would interchange from other Cadillac models to fit a 1993 Allante. I seem to have some sticking issues with my front brakes and may either upgrade or replace the fronts with compatable components.

Thanks,

Don

Don't think so. The Allante seems to have numerous brake problems as they get on in years. The last time I asked an Allante question, I was referred to the Lasalle Club website...might try asking there. See if you can find a convertible top motor while you are at it. For under $500.00 that is.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Found out today that rotors will interchange, and I will order drilled & slotted for fronts and rears for under $200. Now it seems that maybe the calipers are the culprit in my brakes sticking. Must have been to hard on them last time at the track. Anyone ever done a caliper replacement or brake upgrade on 93-95 Cadillac?

Maybe you can rebuild the caliper yourself. I've done that job on my '86 Merkur and on a 1980 Ford F150. They worked very well after the cleanup/honing. The trick, of course is getting the rebuild kit with the seals and dust boots. I doubt that you will need pistons, but I don't know what material they were made of. Some are chrome plated steel and others are plastic/phenolic. I used a little low pressure air to pop the pistons out of the bore, but they were not stuck very badly. Of course the entire caliper must be removed from the brake system to start this job.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Maybe you can rebuild the caliper yourself. I've done that job on my '86 Merkur and on a 1980 Ford F150. They worked very well after the cleanup/honing. The trick, of course is getting the rebuild kit with the seals and dust boots. I doubt that you will need pistons, but I don't know what material they were made of. Some are chrome plated steel and others are plastic/phenolic. I used a little low pressure air to pop the pistons out of the bore, but they were not stuck very badly. Of course the entire caliper must be removed from the brake system to start this job.

Maybe you can rebuild the caliper yourself.

I may give that a shot. I'm not a great wrench, but I've got a buddy that is.

Theres a beatuiful allante in ebay.

I picked mine up on Ebay about 3 years ago for about that price. It might be a good buy, but I saw another with less than 10,000 miles for about the same price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7&category=5349

This one has a hard top included. I bet 20,000.00 would drive it home.

Archived