CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Maxifuse Box Cannot Be Found

96DeVille

I have looked everywhere in my engine compartment to find this infamous Maxifuse box and cannot seem to locate it, even with help from my owners manual. I was hoping for a diagram to map out exactly where it was but no luck. I am trying to locate it to pull the Electronic Level Control fuse because it is annoying and makes my car sound cheap and broken with the ticking sounds it makes. If I remove the fuse will it also disable my defrost functions? I need the help of an expert or someone who has experienced this problem before. I am a do-it-your-selfer (cheap) and I appreciate any input anyone can offer me, Thanks.

Yup, the whole cover comes off.

I had to take out one of the 30A maxi breakers as there was a short in my power seats. I lost it. Now I cant find anywhere that sells maxi breakers. I have a 30A fuse in there but would like a breaker.

I tried the local GM dealership they just looked at me and thought I was crazy. UAP/NAPA doesnt have any either. Any suggestions? Thanks

-Chris

I had to take out one of the 30A maxi breakers as there was a short in my power seats. I lost it. Now I cant find anywhere that sells maxi breakers. I have a 30A fuse in there but would like a breaker.

I tried the local GM dealership they just looked at me and thought I was crazy. UAP/NAPA doesnt have any either. Any suggestions? Thanks

Junk Yard, if you don't have any near you let me know by email, I will try to get one for you, Mike

Did a quick Google and found this...

http://www.electerm.com/breaker.html

FWIW

HTH

DFB

Archived