CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Maxifuse Box Cannot Be Found

96DeVille

I have looked everywhere in my engine compartment to find this infamous Maxifuse box and cannot seem to locate it, even with help from my owners manual. I was hoping for a diagram to map out exactly where it was but no luck. I am trying to locate it to pull the Electronic Level Control fuse because it is annoying and makes my car sound cheap and broken with the ticking sounds it makes. If I remove the fuse will it also disable my defrost functions? I need the help of an expert or someone who has experienced this problem before. I am a do-it-your-selfer (cheap) and I appreciate any input anyone can offer me, Thanks.

Its under the hood on the driver side wheel well. The entire cover comes off, Mike

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Yup, the whole cover comes off.

I had to take out one of the 30A maxi breakers as there was a short in my power seats. I lost it. Now I cant find anywhere that sells maxi breakers. I have a 30A fuse in there but would like a breaker.

I tried the local GM dealership they just looked at me and thought I was crazy. UAP/NAPA doesnt have any either. Any suggestions? Thanks

-Chris

I had to take out one of the 30A maxi breakers as there was a short in my power seats. I lost it. Now I cant find anywhere that sells maxi breakers. I have a 30A fuse in there but would like a breaker.

I tried the local GM dealership they just looked at me and thought I was crazy. UAP/NAPA doesnt have any either. Any suggestions? Thanks

Junk Yard, if you don't have any near you let me know by email, I will try to get one for you, Mike

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Did a quick Google and found this...

http://www.electerm.com/breaker.html

FWIW

HTH

DFB

Archived