CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hi, im new here. i have a 1999 cadillac deville d'elegance w/the bose system (w/tape deck and single cd) i would like to wire in and aux input to plug my ipod into. i have done it with other cars, for example in another car i connected the aux input wires to the rear cd player wires (pre-amp), and would use a switch i installed to listen to the cd player or the ipod (in other words the head unit would think the cd player was being used but i would manually switch it so the ipod was giving input to the cd wires), any ideas? or does anyone know the color of the wires that send the music information from the cd player to the amp (before it is amplified or controlled by volume) that i could wire into?

thanks

ck

As far as I know, the stereo is wired somehow into the security system, so I personally wouldn't want to start tinkering with the wiring in it. I also have the bose gold audio with the cd player and tape deck, and to use my mp3 player (this would work for an ipod as well) I bought one of those tape adapters that goes into the tape deck and has a 1/8 headphone type jack on the other end. The sound is perfectly fine using that, and in my opinion it's a much safer and easier option than rewiring anything in the stereo.

If you really want to wire it directly, I'm sure someone here could offer some advice on that. I don't know much about the innards of the stereo so I can't offer anything there.

big4870885.jpg

As far as I know, the stereo is wired somehow into the security system, so I personally wouldn't want to start tinkering with the wiring in it. I also have the bose gold audio with the cd player and tape deck, and to use my mp3 player (this would work for an ipod as well) I bought one of those tape adapters that goes into the tape deck and has a 1/8 headphone type jack on the other end. The sound is perfectly fine using that, and in my opinion it's a much safer and easier option than rewiring anything in the stereo.

If you really want to wire it directly, I'm sure someone here could offer some advice on that. I don't know much about the innards of the stereo so I can't offer anything there.

hey CV,

thanks for the quick response. I also have one of those tape decks. I personally just dont like them. It does work well but i want a cleaner look. the front head unit has to send out an un-amplified signal to the amplifier (which then amplifies the music to the volume the user chooses) I want to find those two wires (the +,-) tap into them, and instal a manual switch to send my signal from the ipod to those wires then to the amplifier (to then be amplified to the volume I choose and sent to the speakers). so it won't mess with any of the systems b/c the head unit will think it is playing a cd or tape, the other wires for security and all those other systems will remain untouched. I have done it in other cars before, hopefully it will work in this one to.

in short, i want the two wires that send the un-amplified signal from the cd-player (in the head unit) to the amplifier (in the trunk)

thanks again for the help.

ck

Just call me Carla. That's what everyone else on here calls me. smile.gif

I know in my stereo (which is far older than yours) there is an individual amp attached to each speaker. I do know what you are trying to do. I've seen it done on a couple cars, just not a Cadillac. That's not to say it can't be done.

Have you tried looking up a wiring diagram for your stereo on the internet at all? I'm sure a service manual for your car would have it, but I can't see the sense in paying for a manual just to identify a couple wires (though it would come in very handy if you have any problems with the car in the future). I'll do some digging and see if I can find anything.

big4870885.jpg

This diagram is for your year. It's for the Cd player to AMP wiring. Hope it helps....

http://www.justanswer.com/view_image.aspx?href=http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/garputo22/2009-06-27_172950_RADIO2.gif

big4870885.jpg

This diagram is for your year. It's for the Cd player to AMP wiring. Hope it helps....

http://www.justanswer.com/view_image.aspx?href=http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/garputo22/2009-06-27_172950_RADIO2.gif

Thanks so much Carla! That def. should help. haha does look a wee bit confusing though. I did also search the forum a little bit and found some other diagrams for the bose around my year. But all are still pretty confusing. I was really hoping there was something more clear, maybe that explains each wire coming out of the back of the head unit (like what each wire was in the connector). Again Carla, I really appreciate your help.

If anyone else knows where to find more diagrams for the 1999 Deville Bose stereo system please let me know!

Thanks,

ck

Found this too. Tells which wire is which on the back of the stereo.

1999 Cadillac Deville Bose Car Radio Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow

Car Radio Ground Wire: Black

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Brown

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4″

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Dash

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6″ x 9″

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

big4870885.jpg

Found this too. Tells which wire is which on the back of the stereo.

1999 Cadillac Deville Bose Car Radio Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow

Car Radio Ground Wire: Black

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Brown

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4″

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Dash

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6″ x 9″

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

hey thatsss great.(i didn't mean to be like tony the tiger on purpose, it just happened) i might be able to do it with that information, thanks so so much Carla!

Have a good one!

Archived