CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wire Rims

ByStorm

Men... and women,

I have been looking on ebay for a set of oem cadillac wire rims for my '88 Sedan Deville. I noticed that they are always RWD, is there a way for RWD rims to be converted to FWD for my vehicle?

Thanks ByStorm

I can't answer your question but I happen to have a set of wire wheels from an '85 Eldo.

Disregard, upon reading closer I see you are looking for wheels not hub caps. Sorry

I was told by this company called LAmotorsport that fwd wire wheels tends to get loose on the wiresand generally having more problems tha fwd wheels. so he dont sell wire wheels for fwd cars only rwd, I followed his advise and went for something else

regards

Henrik

Sweden

I have a set of Dayton Trues that came off of a '93 STS. 16x7 5x115 with lugnuts, $450.00 and you pay the shipping. Don't have pics but if your interested I'll try and get you some send me your e-mail address. William

The most obvious difference between a FWD and RWD wire(or any wheel for that matter) is the offset. I know you're not building a lowrider, but here's a site that explains it: http://www.layitlow.com/tech.shtml#wheeloffset

Basically if you put RWD wire wheels on a FWD car, they're gonna stick way out and give you the "fatty" (due to the negative offset) look that was popular(but ugly) about ten years ago on G-rides. This will also help you break an axle, which you don't want.

I don't think Caddilac (cadillac actually used Dayton for their wires) ever put wires on a FWD, but the bottom line is I wouldn't put RWD wheels on a FWD car. If you are interested in wires, you can get some nice FWD ones with a positive offset at you local wheel shop.

Archived