CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

xenon headlamps replacement

Im thinking about putting new xenon headlamps on my sts, and I mean the full houses, not a conversion kit, mine is a 99 model and the houses are for 2000 + I believe they should fit without problems, but have someone changed theirs and any problems with them at all or not?

feedback please

regards

henrik

Sweden

Most of the people I have seen do a conversion say it is not worth the time and money plus the hassle. Sure HID is neat to have stock, but a conversion is not worth it unless you really need it. Sure a factory set will be better than an aftermarket, but still not worth it IMHO

I got a conversion kit for HID for about $450 and it only took about an hour to put in myself. I got it from Xenonfactory.com. If you have questions about installation you can IM them for help. I decided to go with the kit because my headlight assemblies were all scuffed and scratched which was preventing the headlights from shining at full brightness. Instead of spending the money to buy new front assemblies (which I didn't have) I opted to just buy a conversion kit which was alot cheaper. They should fit in the stock holes for the original bulbs.

I started out with the conversion kit but didnt like the blue bulb color. I couldnt get the 4300K bulbs in the 9006 conversion bulbs. Found (thanks Logan) the OEM HID housings and was able to use my conv. kit w/new 4300K bulbs for the OEM housings. There is a difference in optics between the halogin & the HID. From now on, for me, if its got projector lights its got HID.

Wiring isnt bad I needed a high power harness and a relay to keep the dims on w/the brights. About $65. for harness & relays.

For me the HID is worth every penny.

Archived