CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2003 STS anyone?

JohnnyG

I went to the local dealership yesterday to play the GM Hot button contest (NO, I didn't win). While I was there I asked the sales manager to check on leftover 2003 STS's. After punching a few buttons on his computer, he looked at me and said "How many do you want?" I can get you a good deal if you buy 10 or more! Anyway, seems that there is still an abundance of these cars out there, and at many prices, starting around $50,000. Does anybody know what kind of "deals" GM might offer on these cars eventually? I'd really like to own a 2003! Particularly after sitting in a new CTS! The one I sat in had a STANDARD shift tranny! The stick shift was pretty cool and was not the reason that I was disapointed in this car. In fact, the more I think about it, it seemed just fine for that car.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

All car dealerships that are unable to sell a vehicle will eventually be offered rebates by the manufacturer which enables them to either offer you a rebate or lower the price of the vehicle. Some of these rebates can be as high as 10-12 percent of the vehicles cost! Be wary of going to a dealership that doesn't actually have the "hard to sell" vehicle and requesting it, as they are likely to "skim off the top" by taking some of the rebate themselves. My guess is within the next couple of months, you will see a drop in the caddy's price. Any car on the lot that doesn't sell becomes a liability to the dealer, as the dealer must insure the vehicle and pay taxes on it as well.

I just took my 2000 STS in for service at my local dealer in Dearborn, MI and I noticed that they had (2) 2002 Seville STS on the show room floor and 4 more along with a handful of 2002 Devilles left over. The Dealer used to be a Oldsmobile Dealer that was coverted to a Cadillac Dealer in 2001. The Managment Team at that time wanted to compete with Don Massey Cadillac and ordered a over abundance of Cadillacs. Needless to say that Managment Team was fired and Les Stansford Cadillac will have to eat the cost of having so many older models in stock. They are practically trying to give them away.

OH, I forgot to mention in my original post, I only could think of one option at the time....Diamond White, so all of those 10 STS's were Diamond White! Next time I'll be a little tougher.....the W package. (used to be the Z rated tires) W's are rated 168 mph.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived