CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Random Misfire (PO300)

I have a PO300 code and rough running, so I replaced the plugs and all coil packs and she ran like new, but a couple days later the code came back and running bad again, can I trouble shoot this without a scan tool? I did search the archives to get to this point, but now I am not sure what to look at next?

Thanks All for any help,

Chris

Did you replace the wires? Check for a loose connection. If you replaced the wires did you put them back in the same location, a wire that is not routed correctly can cause all kinds of havoc with electronics.

• 1 month later...

had the same symptoms with my 96 deville and I also had the 0300 code which could be anything with the electronics, I changed the plugs and wire and also the coils, and still had the code...............ran into a cadillac mech at the auto zone and had a chat with him.........he check my caddy and said that the only thing that it could be was the fuel.............he said to run the car until it had 5 gallons and refill it at a different gas station because he said that i might have some bad fuel.........followed his recommendation and the car hasnt given me any codes and its running great.

Archived