CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

fuel Pressure regulator ?

torelle

Have a 1994 SLS and the other day went to start it and it ran like it was having a heart attack. Sputtering, coughing, stalling out. I could get it started and the rpms went all over the board. Read all about the troubleshooting on the boards and pulled off the intake manifold to do the FPR test by pulling off the vacuum line. Guess what there isnt one on my car. Is this common on my car or what? If its suppose to be there where would it be going to from the regulator? Need help. Also I broke the fuel rail from the injector to the regulator can I replace it with regular fuel hose? Ordered new regulator and injector seals but cant find the plastic fuel rail lines where do I get these from? Would appreciate the info. Steve T.

If you had to take the manifold off to get to the FPR then there is no vaccum hose. The FPR is exposed to manifold vacuum by being in the manifold. Just turn the key on to pressurize the fuel system amd see if any fuel leaks out of it. There shouldn't be any but DO NOT START THE CAR with the upper manifold off or the motor will run away unthrottled "WFO" :o

Archived