CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear reveal molding nut

bigfoo

How do I replace these things???? I can't find it ANYWHERE in the FSM..

The part # is 25690814 (NUT-MLDGR) If anyone knows how to get them out (they snap in and you can't reach the underside of it to squeeze it to snap it out ) please let me know :) they are part of my water leak problem.

They would come out if i squeezed them with pliers from the back side, but that side is inside the metal of the car , there's no way to get to it at all. So Maybe I have to drill out the center and squeeze it from the top .... hrmmm

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh well I replaced these.. and i siliconed the new ones in place .. They are little blue plastic things right behind the rear window. Take the 4 screws out of the rubber thing and it comes off and they are under it. Now maybe my trunk water problems are solved. To get them off I used two plastic umm what are those things called, putty knives for spackling.. i used one to pry one side up and get it past the pop lip and then i held it there while prying up the other side and it just came right out. easier than I thought. I beaded silicone around the hole after cleaning it and dropped in the new ones. Will test with hose soon.

Archived