CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AUDIO PROBLEM.. CD Player is ON constantly..

My brother installed my CD player in my 97 Eldorado.. He re-wired the whole thing.. and now the CD player is on a constant (I guess). I have to manually turn it off.. and there's no "keep alive memory" I think that's what it is.

Anyways, the clock on the CD player resets.. all the settings are not memorized.. and it's annoying. What do I have to do? Thanks!

there are two power wires that go to the head unit, one provides a constant 12 volt source: to keep the clock set, station prestes, etc. The other is a switched 12 volt source, it is what actually gives the unit the power to turn on and power your speakers, etc - and it swithes on and off with the car. Sounds like you have those two wires reversed to me. I'v seen people do this many times and 90% of the time they just have those wires reversed. Use a test light to figure out which one is constant, and which one is switched - then see the manual for your headunit and hook up the right wires!

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

davedog,

thanks.. i switched the wires around and it works perfect now!!! thanks!

i've also been trying my hardest to find those rims for cheap... i've been searching the recycler.com and ebaymotors.. can't find em for cheap. how much did you pay for yours??

sorry it took so long to relpy.

I found my wheels on ebay. They were brand new, never even had been mounted on a car (still in plastic), and came with the centers, all 4 for $800.00

i can't for he life of me remeber his ebay username though

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived