CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville STS (98): Still having Problems!

:( Hi there folks,

Can anyone help a bemused Limey?

I've had my rusted brake lines replaced and the hydraulic system bled. The brakes feel good and work just fine.

The problem is that the ABS and TC warning lights won't go out and the 'service stability system' notice comes on. It seems from my understanding of the Service Manual (not the most helpful publication for the amateur/owner) that these three are linked.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Have I got a malfunction, or simply warning lights that need to switched off.

As I don't possess the diagnostic tool, can anyone suggest how these can be switched off.

Thanks to anyone who can post me some useful advice.

John

Simultaneously press and hold the off and passenger warmer buttons on the climate control. After the DTC's are listed it will ask PCM? answer yes with the hi fan speed button. Then answer no with the low fan speed to the next options til you get to clear pcm codes? Obviously answer yes. You can simply turn off the ignition to exit the diagnostics when finished. Then see if the codes reappear. If they do, then you have a problem that must be diagnosed but start by clearing the codes if they where present before the fix.

John:

I have no idea how the export model differs from domestic. But this system should be the same. You do not need a diagnostic tool; you can display DTC's and clear them sitting in the driver's seat. I would clear all the codes and see what returns after a few miles of driving.

I will attempt to copy/paste a text file of instructions for '98+ Sevilles.

1998(+?) Seville ; On Board Diagnostics Display

You will use the 3 switches located to the right of the Driver Information Center (DIC) to activate and respond to the OBD prompts on the DIC.

ON/OFF = YES

INFO RESET = NO

INFO DOWN or INFO UP = manual toggle

Ignition ON, acknowledge any warning messages; press ON/OFF and INFO UP together for 2 to 3 seconds. Everything in front of you lights up for 4 or 5 seconds, then you will see:

Display shows "ALL?"

Answering YES will display "ALL CODES?"

Answering YES will run automatic test sequence and display codes, if any. Systems and codes will scroll faster than I am able to read them and write them; not to worry.

"ALL CLEAR CODES?" will display at the end of the automatic test. If you are satisfied you have the information you need, answer YES to clear/erase all error codes.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO DOWN will toggle systems test manually in order.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO UP will toggle system test manually in reverse order.

Press INFO RESET to reset DIC to "ALL?" to start again.

Ignition OFF to get out.

SYTEMS:

ABS (Antilock Brake System)

AMP (Amplifier)

DDM (Door Driver Module)

DIM (Dash Integration Module)

IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)

IPM (Instrument Panel Module)

IRC (Integrated Radio Module)

PCM (Powertrain Control Module)

RFA (Remote Function Actuation)

RIM (Rear Integration Module)

SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module) Includes airbag crash data. Under RF seat

VTD (Vehicle Theft Deterrent)

MSM (Memory Seat Module)

TTM (Tilt/Telescoping Module)

RSS (Road Sensing Suspension)

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I've tried all the suggestions on accessing the codes on my 98 ETC. and have never been able to display them.

I've even had no luck with the factory service manual. Key is in run when I try, but motor isn't running.

What am I doing wrong??

Again 98 ETC.

Thanks

I've tried all the suggestions on accessing the codes on my 98 ETC. and have never been able to display them.

I've even had no luck with the factory service manual. Key is in run when I try, but motor isn't running.

What am I doing wrong??

Again 98 ETC.

Thanks

Can't help you with the Eldo. The different models use different buttons.

My manual also mentions the onboard display function, but describes using buttons that are not on my dash!!!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

"Can't help you with the Eldo. The different models use different buttons."

Apparently so. I didn't realize. Sorry for the bum info John.

Archived