CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

loud exhaust

NINAROSS

After recieveing my car back from the shop getiing the fuel pump replaced it was noticeably loauder than usual a slight roar, now it sounds like a full back of old motor cycyles , from what i can see its broken where a pipe that is curved at some places travels the length of the car and connects to the muffler on the right side, what parts do i need to replace?Did someone run a pipe str8 thru? thanks in advance!

Well if you suspect that they might of damaged I would take it back and see if they would replace the parts.

Sometimes the people in the shops can get very careless.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Take it to a muffler shop. They can fix anything exhaust related fairly cheaply. They could probaly just cut a small portion out and weld or bolt in another pipe if you are low on $.

My guess is anywhere between 200-400$ since they will have to custom make it. Might be way better off just repairing what you have.

Nina,

The best thing you can do is go out and get several estimates. They will probably try to sell you a "lifetime Guarantee" muffler. Remember, that is for the muffler only, not the pipes, that's where they get you. You'll get a new muffler free when it rustes (if you have the car that long) but you'll pay for replacing the pipes and labor. Also you might want to have a guy along. Woman alone are easy prey for the bandits. After several estimates you'll start to see who is honest. Ask to go out in the shop under the car and have them show you what needs to be done. Then you can weigh your options and make an inteligent decission.

Hi Nina

Just shop around and use common sense for what you get Muffler shops vary in price and the OEM parts the dealer use are expensive for the parts So your best bet would be a muffler shop to do the job cost varies for what you need At a muffler shop it can run a few hundered or more at the dealer much more $1000

to $1500 parts plus labor.

Good Luck

Jim

Archived