CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A question about keyless entry remotes

EldoEsq.

I have two keyless entry remotes for my 97 Eldo...with one remote, when I open or lock the car, makes the parking lights flash, so I know its activated. The other remote gives me no visual warning, I have to hear if the doors are locked or not. How do I get this remote to give me the visual as well???

I have two keyless entry remotes for my 97 Eldo...with one remote, when I open or lock the car, makes the parking lights flash, so I know its activated. The other remote gives me no visual warning, I have to hear if the doors are locked or not. How do I get this remote to give me the visual as well???

Eldo..... here is a link to another remote issue discussion from not too long ago. Perhaps it will help. http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...=2243&hl=remote

As I posted in the discussion and am about to say to you.... replace the battery first. I guess they're supposed to be replaced every 1-2 years. Do that and then go from there. I finally got around to replacing mine about a month ago. They hadn't been changed in 4 years and things started to get interesting when i wanted to lock or unlock with the remote(s). When you figure it out post your results so we can all share in your triumph. B)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

You can individually program how each remote responds through the DIC. Do you know how to program how the doors lock, how the remote responds, etc.? If you do, you have to do it for Driver 1 and for Driver 2 (which corresponds to the 2 remotes--one has a "1" on the back and the other remote has a "2" on the back). If you don't know how to do it, let me know. It is a simple procedure.

Max

One of them is remote 1, the other is remote 2. You have to go into the vehicle personalization mode and set each remote to activate lights when locking, activate lights when unlocking, honk horn when locking/unlocking, etc. You can set each remote seprately. You can also have the doors lock automatically when vehicle is in drive. There are quiet a few items you can set. The instructions are in the owners manual.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Archived