CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Window Switch

Morning All:

It appears that the power window switch is bad on the passenger's side front. Window only works if you engage the switch, and tap on the body of it (I have the door apart).

I went to GMPartsDirect, and got a message to refer to local distributor. Any alternative sources out there?

Good day to all,

Tim

Nope just thoroughly sprayed it into the crevices...you might try it on the plastic a little first...Cadillac dealer wanted $118.00 for the switch, most electrical spray on switch cleaners are safe for plastic, as most switches are plastic. Worse case you guy buy a new switch... :huh:

Morning All:

It appears that the power window switch is bad on the passenger's side front. Window only works if you engage the switch, and tap on the body of it (I have the door apart).

I went to GMPartsDirect, and got a message to refer to local distributor. Any alternative sources out there?

Good day to all,

Tim

My rear driver side window also acts up, but only after a hard rain. It straightens itself out once the car sits in the sun for a while. I don't think water is getting in, just dampness. Tuner spray can usually clean it up and dry it out.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I would then suspect the motor. They apparently get what's called "flat spots" from continual use and the action of slamming the door jars it enough to cause the window to work fine for a while.

Max

I have the door apart, and the switch body exposed. What I meant when I said that either side yields same results is that if I actuate the master switch on the drivers side, but tap the passengers side switch housing (away from, and independent of the door itself), the window creeps up. That's why I'm led to believe that the power is being relayed thru the passengers side switch, and the switch itself is the culprit.

Tim

Archived