CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

BELT TENSIONER

Larry

Just bought a new belt tensioner, not the water pump tensioner from Rock Auto, will be here soon. Anybody ever replace one. thanks, I bought the steel one, LARRY

1996 deville 4.6

I've never replaced one, but I found a thread that might help you.

It sounds pretty easy.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry116743

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Its easy but not much room!

Start with to take out the battery, then use a 1/4" socket wrench to loosen the belt from the square hole in the tensioner,pull of the belt, loosen the tensioner from the engine (one screw 13 mm)!

Then install the new one!

Roger Martinsen

Start with to take out the battery, then use a 1/4" socket wrench to loosen the belt from the square hole in the tensioner,pull of the belt, loosen the tensioner from the engine (one bolt 13 mm)!

Sorry! 15 mm bolt is it,not 13 mm

Roger Martinsen

Start with to take out the battery, then use a 1/4" socket wrench to loosen the belt from the square hole in the tensioner,pull of the belt, loosen the tensioner from the engine (one screw 13 mm)!

Thanks everyone. I will install when I get part. Yes I will take out battery, its tight and you need some strong fingers to clear and pull out. THANKS AGAIN

Archived