CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Too slippery for bug-bods ?

TDK

So I'm just sitting here BS'ing on the web and "She who must be obeyed" struts into my office with her finger pointing (never a good thing). :unsure:

Hey she saz, you haven't cleaned the bugs off the Big Red Dog since we visited the boys. True enough shorty, but what's it to you? After all, I'm the one who cleans all the cars and if anyone should know anything - yada yada yada. Well, she was just getting my big mouth open enough for both my feet...

After my usual ranting, she informs me that if I had used "cooking spray" on the front bumper, license plate, grille and the other "thingies", the bugs would just slid right off with hardly any scrubbing.

Dang it, I hate it when she's right and knows it too ! <_<

I don't know about long-term paint or plastic problems, but wow does a little "Pam-Pretreat" make a nasty job easier.

I think "Lecithin" is the primary anti-stick component. "Unbleached soy lecithin is a liquid or solid phospholipid surface active agent with unique physical properties. It is an essential ingredient in many food, animal feed and industrial products. Soy lecithin is produced from solvent extracted soybean oil."

Just don't let the women-folk know where the idea came from, OK? ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I had mentioned somewhere in a previous post that WD-40 will remove ANYTHING from your car's surface, WITHOUT harming the clearcoat or paint, but it will also remove the wax so after you remove whatever it is that's offending you, you will have to wash and wax your car again.

Spray or apply the WD-40 to the offending spot, let it soak and gently begin to rub it with very light pressure using a microwipe. Don't use a T-shirt or a cotton diaper since they are "cutting" materials and will scratch your finish. Re-apply the WD-40 and continue to apply light pressure rubbing with the microwipe until the offending spot disappears. Works excellent on bird droppings, tree sap of all types and yes, bugs too.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived