CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville STS - Central Locking Problem

Hi there,

Another plea for help from a confused 'Limey'.

When I press the 'lock' button on my key fob, the doors lock OK and the indicator/hazard lights flash to confirm.

Then, after approx. 20 seconds the lights flash on/off for maybe 20 seconds, go off for 20 seconds and flash again. This repeats (until I get fed up and lock the doors manually). But then the alarm isn't set.

Can anyone suggest the source of my problem and a solution.

My Caddy is great and a real head-turner in the UK, but when there's a problem no-one wants to know. (You shouldn't have bought a Yank Tank!!)

Thanks for any helpful advice.

John

YANK TANK :angry: Them's fight'in words. Common fellas, we gotta help this guy. I'm going to check my '97 manual. If I find anything I'll post back.

John:

I have not experienced your problem, but if it ever happened to me the 1st thing I would try is disconnecting the battery (under rear seat) for a minute or so.

Please close the loop on this one by telling us you eventually find and fix.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I got into it with my 98 VIN:

Not much here but here it is! It appears not to address your issue...sorry!

Remote Keyless Entry Interference; Use of J43241 Fob Tester - kw accessory key performance poor program RKE #PI00722A - (05/28/2004)

Remote Keyless Entry Interference; Use of J 43241 Fob Tester

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.

Condition/Concern:

Erratic RKE operation or RKE inoperative.

Recommendation/Instructions:

As more and more electronic devices get incorporated or carried in vehicles, reports of remote keyless entry systems with poor performance or unable to program are increasing. Technical Assistance has identified a number of devices that can interfere with our RKE such as cell phone cords plugged into power outlets without the phone present, wireless doorbell transmitters, garage door openers, etc. If an RKE system receives two transmissions from separate sources at the same time, it will ignore both. You can locate devices in the unwanted transmissions using the RKE key Fob tester, J 43241. Since the unwanted transmissions are the same frequency as the key Fob, the LED on the tester will light when the tester is slowly swept near the device. Be sure to sweep around all storage areas in the vehicle and under dash and seat.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

Models:

(96-04 ALL GM DIVISIONS)

I'd reprogram your fob. And put a new battery in the fob. When my battery got weak it did some strange things. Just thought about your fob having a sticky switch in it also - wonder if it would do the same thing if the fob was out of range??

Hope you figure it out - I don't care for electrical issues -

Hi there,

Thanks for the responses.

Jeff,

The complete VIN is 1G6 KY54 92WU922300. Does this help you to help

me. Thatwould be great.

Hope to hear from you.

Jim,

I a little wary of disconnecting the battery. What could I mess up?

did exactly that on a Jaguar Sovereign once. It worked wonders.

Larry,

Anything helpful in your '97 manual?

While you're looking can you tell me the sizes/threads for brake line tubing nuts?

Best Regards.

John

Jim,

I a little wary of disconnecting the battery. What could I mess up?

did exactly that on a Jaguar Sovereign once. It worked wonders.

No important data is lost; not even radio presets. You will lose the accuracy of the calculated XXX GALLONS USED and related displays for that tank of fuel. And possibly some other minor items that I have forgotten.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Larry,

Anything helpful in your '97 manual?

While you're looking can you tell me the sizes/threads for brake line tubing nuts?

John,

Sorry, I could not find anything in the manual that resembles you problem. I would try killing battery power and reprograming.

As far as the brakes, there is no mention in the manual of the sizes or threads of the tubing nuts. Only torque specs and that it is an ISO flare. Dealer parts man may be able to help you with that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Archived