CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hole in aluminum radiator ... how to fix???

HI guys, .. gals too!

I just got this wrecked 96 Seville STS 3 days ago and in the process of straightening the front end I now have a hole in my radiator maybe 2 inches down from the top and in the middle between the fans. I appreciate any suggestins on how to fix it good enough to drive it 2500-4000 miles to get home to Southern California.

thanks

THe car hit a deer and it destroyed the hood, grill, headlights, A/C condenser, put a big u in the radiator and wrapped all that aound the engine smashing the fans. I hope to get the fans back together with ABS cement. I have gotten the radiator core support back to within 1/2 ich of where it is supposed to be all away across the front. THe two ends are right butthe middle is a bit crooked still.

WHen the air bags went off the passenger one broke the windshield and shattered the wooden dash trim and ripped loose the top of the dash.

The bumper and the sides are undamaged. The side lights are loose but not broken.

factory manual and any help appreciated,

Thanks

Bob McKNight

29856 Avenida de Fiesta

Sun CIty, CA 92586-6508

please reply to ibmpro@ez2.net or ibmpro@yahoo.com

thanks again .... oh yes ... does anyone have an owner's manual?

Best bet is to buy another radiator and fit it in temporarily. It's not fun to be in the middle of highway 405 stuck in traffic and the thing overheats.

I've heard that you can drive these cars without engine coolant. It might be a good test to see how the Northstar would hold up.

IPB Image

HI guys, .. gals too!

I just got this wrecked 96 Seville STS 3 days ago and in the process of straightening the front end I now have a hole in my radiator maybe 2 inches down from the top and in the middle between the fans. I appreciate any suggestins on how to fix it good enough to drive it 2500-4000 miles to get home to Southern California.

thanks

THe car hit a deer and it destroyed the hood, grill, headlights, A/C condenser, put a big u in the radiator and wrapped all that aound the engine smashing the fans. I hope to get the fans back together with ABS cement. I have gotten the radiator core support back to within 1/2 ich of where it is supposed to be all away across the front. THe two ends are right butthe middle is a bit crooked still.

WHen the air bags went off the passenger one broke the windshield and shattered the wooden dash trim and ripped loose the top of the dash.

The bumper and the sides are undamaged. The side lights are loose but not broken.

factory manual and any help appreciated,

Thanks

Bob McKNight

29856 Avenida de Fiesta

Sun CIty, CA 92586-6508

please reply to ibmpro@ez2.net or ibmpro@yahoo.com

thanks again .... oh yes ... does anyone have an owner's manual?

I would get one in a junk yard and throw it in. Mike

Archived