CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stuck on the Stumble

EJPut

Does anyone have any sugestions for me on my stumble problem? It happens during various times while driving, especially under load. I have replaced the plugs (advice from Guru after the hydrostatically locked engine), replaced plug wires, checked coil packs. I have also cleaned the EGR, phenolic spacers and throttle plate. I am thinking that the problem is somewhere in the fuel rail/injector area but it is just a guess. What is the best way to check the injectors? Also, could it be the cam shaft position sensor? I first replaced the rear plugs (hardest to get too) and it ran great, no stumble, then about two weeks later it came back so I changed the front hoping that they were bad, not the case, stumble is still there. Why would it drive great for two weeks after changing the rear set of plugs and then start to miss/stumble again. I am very confused with this and it is driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Have you checked the FPR? Though I'm not sure that would cause a stumble. How about the wires? Are they routed correctly. I have heard that incorrect routing can cause crossfire.

I think the wires are okay, but I have never checked the vacuum lines. Probably a good idea after 169,000 miles. My question is, what lines and where do I look? are they in one area or all over the place?

An open vacuum source should cause a surge or searching at idle. At least it did on carburated engines. Not sure how a fuel injected engine reacts to that but I would think the same. Still wouldn't hurt to check 'em. They're all over the place. Pretend it's Easter morning :lol:

Check your plug wires in the night, they may be arcing near the a/c fan motor. I had to wrap some additional plug wire insulation around mine after a sudden hesitation problem developed one saturday morning. I had an erratic idle and the car would stutter on takeoff, no codes were set. felt as if I was working on 6 or 7 cylinders at times.

Archived