CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

LOW REFRIDGERANT AGAIN!?

jinxed45

Did they use a UV dye in the charge? It would be terrific if they did, maybe you should call them to see if they did. If not I would have them put UV in this time so that you can see where its leaking from. Its possible that your compressor's front seal is leaking. Mike

I had a similar situation happen to me recently. I changed my compressor out myself (it was badly leaking from the seams of the compressor) with a reman Delco from CrappoZone. I took it into Caddy to get it charged where they also found a bad low pressure switch. Ice cold air for one day, then "coolant low" message. I took it back to them and they assured that there are no leaks, they said that it's a problem with the compressor not "balancing" the pressure out right. They said there was over 450 lb of pressure on the high side and this was tricking the system into thinking the coolant was low.

I have since baught a replacement Delco from GMpartsdirect and plan to change it tonight.

bbobynski, does this make sense to you?

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

I had the hoses replaced, cooling system serviced, refrigerant serviced.. A/C serviced..

that was about a month and a half ago and I haven't used the A/C too much at all.

Why does it say low again?

Mine did that after having it recharged due to the "low refrigerant" message. I cleaned all the electrical connectors to the various sensors along the A/C lines. That stopped the message. I wonder if that wasn't the problem all along.

YMMV

Well,

I just finished the removing the reman Delco compressor with a sweet new shiny Delco from GMPartsdirect ($362 shipped). I got it replaced in 2 hours this time which I thought was prety good considering I'm Network Engineer, not a mechanic.

Anyway, I will take it back to Caddy in the morning to get it vacuumed down and charged. I will let everyone know if the problem was with the compressor as Caddy told me.

Thanks for the replys.

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

Archived