CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Daytime running light problem

98 Eldorado coupe...Just found a problem with one of my daytime running lights. Something looked too bright in the passanger side lamp and when I looked close at the light I noticed the metal shield/light deflector inside the unit, which sits infront of the actual bulb, has fallen off and is now rattling around in the bottom of the lamp housing. While looking underneath the car the entire unit appears to be held in place with two bolts/nuts at the top. I also see 4 clips which seems to hold the clear outer cover onto the chrome inner beveled piece. I'm not sure that if I just pop off the 4 clips (keeping the unit in place) will I have access via the front to move this clear lens off and away to attempt a refit of the metal shield. The upper clip near the side looks to be very tough (limited space) to try to re-clip. Will removing the 2 nuts just allow the entire light housing to drop down and then I can fiddle with it hanging, but with it in my hands?? Am also not sure how this metal shield stays put? p.s. just pulling out the lamp bulb does not allow any large access to the interior, just a small hole for a thin bulb to fit into.

Any suggestions?

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about you need to replace the bulb, after that it's a matter of removing the deflector. I don't think the lens is removable. You may have to remove the headlamp assembly (pretty easy) then tip it up and fish it out with tweezers.

Archived