CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Deville Change?

kdaddy

This is really a two part question. #1. When is the current Deville going to be replaced? #2. GM is notorious for updating/refreshing a previous body style to look more like the body style that is going to replace it. Will Cadillac "refresh" the current DeVille to take on the more "wedge" look before it goes into a complete redesign? ;)

Hopefully they won't change it. That's a really elegant looking car. Would be a shame if they decided to turn it into a sidewards, Japanese-looking pyramid. ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I had a problem with my driver's seat controls and the dealer sent me home in an '04 Deville. (I have a 2000 STS).

I have been thinking that, due to the change of the STS to RWD, I might like to switch to a DTS. I love the ride in this Deville (it has about 14k on it); but I feel like I'm sitting down too far in it, even with the seat in the top position; but I suppose I could get used to that. Of course it doesn't have my automatic wheel and seat so I'm feeling very put upon! How easy it is to become spoiled!

Back in the early fifties I was driving a stick shift. I drove my friend's Lincon with Hydramatic for about a hundred miles and it was so natural to NOT reach for the clutch that I never did - not even once; but when I got back in my own car, I forgot to clutch it at every stop so it's a lot easier to get used to the luxury things.

Just remember the current DeVillewas the first to get the "edgy" look, it's just been over shadowed by the more aggressive look of the Escalade, CTS, etc...

It looks like the DeVille will go rear drive for the next gen as well. ;)

Archived