CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Battery replacement for 01 STS

I was going to buy an OEM (AC Delco) battery to replace my old one, but someone had mentioned Optima or "gel" battery.

I don't have any additional power requirements such as a sound system - just aftermarket fogs and headlights (both HID).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

335a099287.jpg

I'm a big believer in Exide batteries. I had one last over 5 years in my Olds. That's the only battery that has lasted that long that I've ever had. If the one with the molded plastic handle in the top and both types of terminals will fit, that's the one that I recommend. It'll be about $75, which is more than most people want to pay for a battery, but far less than a Delco or Optima.

I was going to buy an OEM (AC Delco) battery to replace my old one, but someone had mentioned Optima or "gel" battery.

I don't have any additional power requirements such as a sound system - just aftermarket fogs and headlights (both HID).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Your choices are going to be limited to the very few brands that offer a 79 style case (your battery specification is 79-6YR). Not many brands offer a battery designed to mount under the rear seat.

Go with ACDelco and be done with it.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived