CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Newbie (first Caddy)

Hello Everyone,

Bought my first Cadillac today. Wasn't planning on buying a car but stopped by a local "beater" lot and this thing caught my eye. Upon closer inspection, you could tell it had been repainted, better than mediocre, but not factory quality. But what really stood out was the $1600 asking price. I asked for the keys and took her out for a spin. Ran pretty good, a little rough upon firing up and an erratic idle, but after about 20 seconds pretty smooth. Rides nice, brakes good, new tires. Loaded, moonroof, active suspension...unfortunately?? It had definitely been hit...airbag had been deployed and the original wheel had the cover "stitched" back on. I'm not sure why, but I thought this might be a fun car to tinker with (have had a variety of v8 mustangs over the years). Anyways, got the dealer down to $1100 cash and drove home tonight...thankfully with nothing going wrong! I've checked out a couple of sites...looking up error codes etc. (my favorite was the code for "frontal impact detected" no s**t I thought!) Any recommendations on the best sites for info. and how-tos?Well, just thought I would introduce myself. Look forward to learning alot on these cars and maybe turning this one into a better example than it currently is!

Welcome! Check out the main page at www.caddyinfo.com. There is lots of good information there, as well as some performance stuff for the 4.9L engines I think.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived