CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stuck DVD's

Maximln

My sister has an 05 Escalade that has the factory rear entertainment system which includes the DVD player. My niece went to put a DVD into the player & did not realize that there was already a DVD in the player. The player accepted the 2nd DVD but now will not play at all or it will not eject either of the DVD's. Does anyone have any ideas how to get them out?

Thanks,

Max

I would doubt the 2nd CD is in all the way & stacked on top of the other. Inspect the CD slot & see if there's enough room to grab the DVD with some sort of needle nose pliers. I'm sure the cd being yanked might get damaged. you might try rapping the tips pf the pliers with electrical tape to give it a grip on theCD, and possibly minimizing damage to the disk.

I agree that it's is unlikely that two DVDs are stacked on each other. I would get a pen light and inspect to see what's going on. If the DVD is visible, I would try to remove it. Even if I had to put a drop of 5-minute epoxy on some wire and try to glue it to the DVD (the edge, if possible) and when it's cured, try to pull it out. Otherwise, go to a Cadillac dealer and find out of they can help you determine what could be wrong.

Thank you for your replies. I briefly inspected it a few days ago but I really didn't have time to mess with it. Its hard to see inside the slot as it has those little black "hairs" that cover the entrance. I'm going 2 attempt to fix it on Tuesday. I was hoping there might be a method to force the player to eject anything in it.

Max

Well, they weren't too hard to get out. There were only 3 bolts that help up the rear entertainment system & 1 of those plastic retainers with the round plastic sides that pushes into a hole to secure it (like the ones that hold the trunk trim into place). It then swings down and disenganges from the top. You have to remove about 4 screws to release the DVD player from the assembly. The hardest part was then you had to remove the faceplate which is retained by little notches around it. There were 3 on the top & bottom & 2 on the sides. You have to be able to pretty much depress all of them at the same time to release the faceplate which took some doing. Once it was released, the 2 DVD's were easily removed.

Max

Archived