CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

help!

late last year i noticed on my eldo that when i turned to the right a very faint squeeling noise came from my front end i though okay my brakes must be getting low. when i bought new pads and went to put them on there wass still lots of meat on the pads so i put everything back together and forgot about it.last week the noise started getting constant so ,okay now they must be getting low ,and the were very low so i changed all four pads as they were all down to the squeeler.front and back. the noise did not go away, but now the noise stops when i turn to the right. what the heck is it. it sounds exactly like the squeeler on your pads when your brakes are on the warning.

thanks for your help

There could be a problem with the rotors or calipers or anything in that area.. While you are going around a corner and it's making the noise, hit the brakes. If the noise stops or changes a lot it could be the breaks.. if not i suppose it could be a wheel bearing or c/v joint (if your car has those.. i think it does) just try doing things like accelerating in a corner, breaking in a corner, putting it in neutral and going around a corner, etc and post results

Noise from turning usually is not brake related. Bearings usually tend to groan on turns but I suppose a squeel is not out of the question. Bearings will definately make more noise when they are loaded as in a turn. Have you checked your P/S fluid level?

phat, may I call you phat?

Is it possible one of the backing plates was bent and is now touching a rotor? I only say this because when the backing plate touches the rotor, it sounds just like the brake sensors.

my .02 :D

Archived