CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Any Interest in The World of Advertising

Related, of course, to our current economic climate . . .

"Following on the success of the Wall Street Meltdown parodies, I wrote Mad Avenue Blues. Like Wall Street Meltdown and WSM Redux (both on YouTube), the new video takes a popular song and substitutes industry-specific lyrics. Only instead of finance, Mad Avenue Blues is about the media/advertising world and the impact to the traditional models brought about by the accelerating migration to digital.

Sung to Don McLean's "American Pie", this 19 stanza song was written and produced in just one day. I did this so that I could answer those who respond to my video projects with the knee-jerk "you obviously have too much time on your hands".

It's interesting what an individual can do with some simple hardware/software at hand. And, of course, some talent!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived