CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

how to order parts???

fallen99angel

I as alot of others proberly have a parts list for seville 98 - 01. Anyway the problem that I have with this is this: again I have a 99 sts. found the struts and shocks and coils, part numbers seems to be correct.

Then Im looking into the Brake calipers,brackets and pad kits:

the front and rear calipers, Im finding again, also the brackets

when i look for the pad kits, then nothing shows up, either for the front and the rear: front should be: 18045379 and the rear should be: 18026218, nothing shows up on either, so does anyone know if the numbers are changed or something, also what is included in a pad kit?? Im getting confused because it says I should deduct #5 which is the caliper, does somebody know about this???

Also I gave another guy my cars winnumber for oem wooden interior and he gave me prices on 01 interior, I told him the car is a 99 model, but he insisted that when he ran the winnumber, this was the parts that came up??? so Im getting even more confused, so before I order parts for 3 grand, I wanna make bloody sure Im getting the right parts. PLEASE somebody enlighten me here

regards

henrik

Sweden

Yes, GM part numbers change often. Even on old discontinued parts, the numbers will change. Who knows why. I would recommend actually calling a dealership in the U.S. and inquiring on the part numbers, then using those on the Internet to get the right parts.

As for the 99/01 discrepency with the dash kit, don't know what to tell you there. I would assume the parts are the same, and they just happen to be labeled '01, but fit cars as early as '98, but that's just speculation on my part. Not sure what to tell ya there.

Good luck,

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived