CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS Blower motor on high or off only.

I have a 1997 STS and my climate control will only run the blower on high. Even when I override and select low fan setting the blower will still blow on high. It is not a big deal however on the high setting it is quite loud versus the low setting that it usually runs at when the temp is satisfied in the auto setting. I have pulled out the blower from the firewall and checked all connections and re-assembled and it still works the same way. I did see quite a circuit board inside the blower however and figured that this might be the problem and not the actual climate control in the car. Anyone ever experience this? Also, is the blower from say 1993-1996 cars the same as my 1997?

Thanks in advance,

The blower speed is controlled by variable voltage. .3v - .9v I believe and is controlled internally. I think the years you mentioned will fit. If you buy a new one, be advised that it will look different as it has been redesigned. Also the old one will come out in pieces as you have discovered, but the new one is one piece and will not fit without rocking the engine forward a bit to give yourself another inch or two clearance. I posted one procedure on the other caddy site and can post it here if you get to that point.

Archived