CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 eldorado passenger side heating/cooling problem

b1smx7f

I have a 2002 eldorado that has a problem with the passenger side heating and cooling. When the temperature control is set to 60 degrees the drivers sides blows cold air but the passenger side blows hot air. When the temperature control is set to 90 degrees the drivers side blows hot air but the passenger sides blows cold air. The only trouble code that is present is "ACM B1341 current"."air mix door two movement fault". I removed the glove box and I can see the passenger side actuator moving to both extreems but the passenger side is exactly opposite of what it should be. Has anyone ever seen this problem and is there some sort of calibration that should be performed to get them both back in sync or is the passenger side actuator defective or is it coming from the instrument panel control module?. If it is defective is there an easy way to remove and replace the unit without taking out the dashboard and are there any websites that sell the actuators?.

Has it been worked on? It could have been put together out of sync. Remove the linkage arm and hold the air mix door full open. Set the temp to 90. After the actuator moves to the open position, reconnect it.

Has it been worked on? It could have been put together out of sync. Remove the linkage arm and hold the air mix door full open. Set the temp to 90. After the actuator moves to the open position, reconnect it.

The car has never been worked on, it just started on it's own. I did remove the linkage arm and set the temp to max but when the actuator moved to the end I could not reconnect the linkage. It seemed as if it moved too far. I tried to move the actuator manually but it would not budge. I reset the temp to around 75 and I was able to reconnect the linkage. I understand that if you turn the ignition on for approx. 40 seconds without starting the car the system performs a calibration of the damper doors and I can see that happening. The actuator seems to step thru the minimum and maximum positions and then acts as I described when the car is running.

Archived